Saturday, April 4, 2015

Let's Call it a Week

It's always satisfying to end the week on a high note.


Thursday my legs were STILL incredibly tired.  I ended up taking Thursday off.  Peyton and I napped when I got home from work and I still went to bed at 9 am. See?  I was SUPER tired!







Friday I wanted to attempt to make up Thursday's run and do Friday's scheduled run.  I had the day off without any real plans so I knew it was possible.  My first run was 6 easy miles with hill sprints at the end.  I always do my hill sprints on my treadmill to actually simulate a hill (remember, the midwest has a huge shortage of appropriate hills).



6 miles
49:05
8:11/mile

8 x 8 second hill sprints
(treadmill sent to 9.5 mph at 5.0% incline)


Ok so not so easy.  But my legs felt great and that was the natural pace I fell into.



I took my car in after that to have the check engine light looked at and I was charged $120 for them to tell me my gas cap was loose.  At least they accidentally changed the oil. It sort of made up for it.


When I got home I got Peyton ready to go and we took off for run #2.
We love to match. Obvi.



4 miles
30:14
7:33/mile


Done and done.


Now, let's talk about my VERY exciting long run!


Normally I complete my long runs on Sunday but tomorrow we are going to a matinee showing of the Book of Mormon.  With the train leaving at 11:50, I was worried about cutting it too close.  I made up my mind that I would do it Saturday and do my best without my usually rest day beforehand.  


It definitely helped that it was beautiful outside.  

 


Spring! Finally!


18 miles
2:25:35
8:05/mile



The originally plan was for an 18 mile easy run with the last 20 minutes at a moderate pace.  It took 5 miles at an 8:30/mile pace to feel warmed up, and once I hit that I took off.  At the halfway point my legs were churning out an 8:00 minute mile.  I figured I would hold onto that pace as long as I could.  I finished my run with a 7:30 mile.  Seriously.


Enjoy your weekend! 


Who else has a long run planned for this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment