Friday, April 17, 2015

One Month Til Marathon!

The Chicagoland Spring Marathon is one month from today!  I have two twenty milers to complete before a two week taper.

Today's run was mentally tough.  My head was not in it from the start.  Fridays always seem to be the toughest day to run, most likely because my body is feeling the increased mileage and is ready for a relaxing weekend.  At mile 2 I started to doubt myself, and it was all downhill from there.  I managed to complete the run, but required a couple walking breaks.  Once I decided to forget about time and trying to hit a pace I started to feel better, but spent the entire 8 miles in a heavy mental fog.

8 miles
1:07:29
8:26/mile

I'm glad to put that run in the books. 

 


I am definitely going to focus on working on and maintaining my mental toughness these next four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment