Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What I Made

Eating and running go hand in hand.  Lucky for me (and Chris), I enjoy cooking and we eat 95% of our meals at home.  I also love to try new recipes.  I'm a bit of a Pinterest addict and I am always searching for new delicious foods to try.

Monday I made Chris' favorite soup: Cowboy Potato Chowder

I make this soup about once per month and it always hits the spot.


I started making homemade broth about a year ago and haven't purchased store bought broth since.  Homemade broth is incredibly easy to make and tastes fantastic.  I had mine boiling the same time I started the soup.


Homemade broth has a gorgeous brown color.


Cooking is always better with wine.  And puppies.

We served our soup topped with bacon and cheddar cheese.  We had corn bread on the side.



I've been walking both the dogs at the same time.  It's madness.



Peyton decided to roll in coyote poop while walking today.  I threw her in the tub when we got home and scrubbed her. Dogs.



Yesterday I wasn't in the mood to run.  I had to wait until Chris got home to watch the dogs, so it was later than I was used to.  If I sit on the couch when I get home I almost immediately get tired.  I left the house thinking that I'd turn around if I wasn't feeling the run.  I ended up taking is really easy and focusing on my form.  I ended up running 6 miles.  I changed my route a little as well.  I'm a creature of habit and I like to run near my usual route.  Running away from it made me run feel even easier.  I should probably change it up more often.

6 miles
54:31
9:05/mile

Do you chance up your running route?

What is the favorite thing you've made this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment