Sunday, June 7, 2015

What's Been Happening: A New Puppy!!

It's very strange not posting since Wednesday, but things have been crazy in my household!

Meet Augie.


She is a 2 month old lab mix.


That face.

She seems to be very smart and wants to learn, but puppies are always getting into something.  And we have to take her outside every 30 minutes.  We've been up every morning between 5 and 5:30 and she is full of energy.  I'm exhausted.  I was so glad to get to work yesterday at my acute rehab facility.

Fortunately, her and Peyton have been getting along great.  Chris and I have a huge sigh of relief the first day they played together. 


There has been very little running lately.  Peyton and I went out for a few short runs early in the week, and I was also able to get in 7 miles Thursday morning.  We are working on crate training Augie, so hopefully this week I'll get in more miles.

Without running, my workouts have been 45 minute spin classes and long walks on the trails with Peyton.  

Having a new puppy in the house is like having a new baby (me saying this while never having had a child), and my meals have been as sporadic as my running.  I've even been skipping meals, and that is definitely not like me! I like to eat constantly! Simple meals have been my best bet despite wanting to try out new recipes.  I'm trying to be conscious of not eating out as much, and using what we already have in the house.  I ended up making my own version of Chiptole's Burrito Bowl and it was reaaaalllyyyy good!


Chicken taco meat in the crockpot, black beans, lettuce, shredded cheese, avocado, and greek yogurt all over a baked sweet potato.  Delicious!

Today we are having our Sunday night family dinner so they can meet our Augie.  Hamburgers on the grill and these Salted Caramel Butter Bars are making an appearance! Make them.  You can't go wrong (and you also can't stop eating them).

Have a great Sunday!


What's for dinner at your house tonight?

What do you order at Chiptole?

No comments:

Post a Comment