Tuesday, July 14, 2015

(A Very Late) Weekly Mileage Round-Up

This post is a few days late due to master bedroom painting, going to a Cubs game, and being just plain lazy, so here it is. Last week's weekly mileage. On a Tuesday.

Monday:
Mondays are my day off so I try to get a longer run in.  I managed that AND at a great pace too! This definitely sent me off feeling good about the week!

10 miles
1:21:22
8:08.mile

Monday evening I went to a 45 minute spin class and then did lat pull-downs, rows, and tricep presses at the gym. I had way to much energy today.

Tuesday:
The weather was much cooler last week (I'm talking high 60s) so I finally was able to take Peyton with me for a run.  She obviously has not lost any fitness in the time she took off from running.

3 miles
21:14
7:04/mile

Chris and I played tennis for a good hour before dinner.

Wednesday:
Wednesday I took as my rest day. Working two days in a row is hard. (I'm just being a jerk. Come August 17 my butt will be kicked when I try to get back to 5 days a week.)

Thursday:
I ran my easy run Thursday. I wore my HRM and aimed to keep my bpm around 150.

5 miles
43:28
8:41/mile
158 bpm average

Friday:
Is it weird that I don't remember this run?  Apparently I ran 10 miles? My body must have blacked out Friday.

10 miles
1:23:20
8:20/mile

I spent the rest of the day cleaning the master bedroom and putting painter's tape down so that I could paint on Saturday.  I met Chris at the gym after he got off work and I did more strength training. This time I focused on chest, back, and legs, cycling through all three to rest each body part. 

Saturday:
I hadn't done leg strengthening in who knows who long and I was sore from Friday's workout. I wanted to run to shake out my legs, but once I got going I felt much better.  A shake-out run turned into a tempo run to prepare me for this Saturday's 10K!

7 miles (1 mile easy, 5 miles tempo, 1 mile easy)
54:30
7:47/mile

I averaged 7:10/mile on my tempo and I feel ready to run fast!  After my run I quickly showered, Chris and I picked up a few things at the farmer's market and then I started painting.  3 hours later it was a huge difference!






Now we are researching painter's to do the main level of our house for us. We have high ceilings that will require scaffolding and we also have to paint around the kitchen cabinets. I want nothing to do with that and I'd rather pay to have it done nicely.

Sunday:
Sunday was another rest day and I cleaned up any paint bleeds underneath the painter's tape.  We went to the Cubs/Sox Crosstown Classic at Wrigley Field.  




It couldn't have been a better day for a baseball game! 

We headed to Atlas Brewing Company after the game for dinner and saw this on the way:


Truth.

We were all exhausted after the long, busy weekend and crashed on the couch.


Puppy cuddles FTW.





No comments:

Post a Comment