Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Things

There is more craziness going on in this little part of the internet.  Between work, chasing after two dogs, cooking, attempting to keep the house clean, runs, spin class, and drinking crazy amounts of coconut LaCroiz (the BEST flavor), there hardly has been a moment to breathe.

I've been quietly stalking the Fox Valley Marathon registration page and debating with myself if I should run the half or the full.  I have 10 weeks from Sunday to train.  If I decided on the the full marathon, my training would focus on getting mileage on my legs without much speed.  Half marathon training would focus on speed with the goal of a major PR.  I'm leaning more in the direction of the full marathon as speed at this time does not sound appealing.

Despite my busy schedule I have been able to maintain 20-30 mile weeks with runs ranging in distance from 5 miles up to 12.  I've also been toying around with tempo runs and speed work to get myself ready for my 10K next Friday.

Today's run was a comfortable 10 miles.  I had no goal pace other than to run at what felt like an easy pace.

10 miles
1:23:20
8:20/mile

I've also started running more with my HRM and I averaged 166 bpm on this run.  This run was at a comfortable pace for me and I felt like I could keep going once I finished.


Running news....

THIS article was a great read.   It explains the difference between pushing hard and over training.  I can really relate as I'm starting to think more and more that I have over trained for my last marathon this past May (I've been doing a LOT of reflecting on that run lately as I decide what race to do next).  The biggest takeaway I took from this article was to reflect on my runs in my running notebook to better keep track of fatigue, aches and pains, etc.

I really wish I lived near Atlanta for this casting call.



In other news.... We booked a trip to visit a good friend in San Franscisco! We have never been and are looking forward to doing very touristy things.

This weekend's project is finally painting the master bedroom.  The painting tape is up and is ready to go for tomorrow's painting marathon.


What have you been up to lately?

Are you training for a race or running just to run?

6 comments:

  1. I'm training for chicago but i ran the fox valley marathon last year! If you like more quiet races on bike paths it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! That's exactly what I'm picturing. I'm jealous you are running Chicago. I was hoping that was going to be my fall race.

      Delete
  2. My aunt sent me that casting call! Hahah looking for people who "look normal and can run." Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Training for a half marathon race in England called the Great North run.. It has about 55,000 people running, and I hope to be somewhere near the front. I'm actually loving training with speed, the longer miles sound too tough for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Good luck with your race. I can't wait to read about it. You're half marathon goal is incredible!

      Delete