Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday Motivation and the Weekly Rundown

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday:
Off!! I was more than happy to take these days off following the Fox Valley Half Marathon.  My legs definitely needed the break.

Thursday:
I finally felt ready to attempt some easy miles.  This run was without music and no Garmin checking.

6 miles
52:47
8:47/mile

Friday:
A moderate run to wrap up my work week!  This run was tough as my legs felt heavy.

5 miles
42:46
8:33/mile

Saturday:
Saturday was perfect weather wise and I was ready to put some mileage on my tired legs.  It took 3 miles to get into a rhythm and to feel good.  Post run I spent A LOT of time foam rolling and stretching to help alleviate some of the "heavy leg" feeling.

10 miles
1:26:38
8:39/mile

Rehydrating is the key to recovery.  Or so my body thinks.



Sunday:
Off.  I woke up with the intention to run long, but once I got dressed and started my Garmin, I decided to skip the workout and take another rest day.

We watched the Bears lose while the dogs kept my feet warm.


Augie wore her Bears shirt and was very disappointed by their performance.


She was also scared by the pumpkins in the background and spent a good 5 minutes barking at them.  She let them know who's boss.






Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Rest days make the difference. I am trying to get over a problem calf muscle and I just tell myself that my body needs more time. Hopefully it will be better by this Saturday or I will be so sad.
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled on your blog and love it! I'm hoping to get as fast as you one day!

    ReplyDelete