Saturday, May 16, 2015

Getting Ready to Run: Preparation is Key!

If you haven't noticed already I have a bit of a Type A personality.  I like to have everything organized and planned out.  It especially applies to my running.  I like to plan ahead to ensure things go smoothly.  Anything I can do to remove some of the stressers definitely helps, as the race itself is stressful enough.



I am going to be spending some time today looking over the race course (again) to help calm some nerves (link) and make me feel more prepared.



I always lay out all my clothes the night before.  Getting it done now gives me one last thing to think about tomorrow.


Peyton love Lululemon. Almost as much as her mom does.


Make sure all electronics are charged including GPS watches and ipods!

I make a point to keep off my feet as much as possible. My last run on my training plan was yesterday, leaving me about 48 hours to recuperate and rest.  Throughout this training cycle, I had a day of rest before my long runs.  This left my legs feeling refreshed and ready to go prior to my long run.  Fingers crossed that is exactly how I feel tomorrow morning.  I do, however, try to move just a little and stretch to keep my body loose. 

I also have my pre-race and during race food prepared.  My bagel with peanut butter and Clif Bloks are out and ready to go.

Last, but not least, HYDRATE! I think this is the most important one.  I've already finished off two full Nalgene water bottle and been to the bathroom a hundred times.  I think I'm on track for this goal.  Tomorrow is going to be very humid, so getting enough fluids today is going to be key.


What is going on with you this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all of these pre-race strategies and do most of the same things! Good luck in your race!!

    ReplyDelete