Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Peyton and Friday's Run

Today Peyton is celebrating her second birthday.


 Since day one, owning a dog has been a huge learning experience.


 Don't bite off more than you can chew.



Take extra rest when needed.



Apologize when you're in the wrong.


And above all, live life and love to the fullest everyday.



Peyton will be celebrating today by taking extra naps, getting extra treats, and running with her friends at the dog park.


Yesterday I finished off my day with upper body strengthening.  I think weight lifting had helped make me a stronger runner than I was without lifting weights.




Today was a non-attendance day for the students.  I had a professional development course to attend and I was out of work by noon. Talk about the best way to start the weekend!

I saved my run for the middle of the day so I could practice running in some heat.  Today's high was 69 and it was one of the warmest days of the year so far.


6 miles
46:46
The last 4 miles of this run were a moderate pace: 7:31, 7:34, 7:37, 7:37


I definitely noticed a difference with the warmer weather.  With my marathon in May you never know what the temperature may be like when we're running.  I'm trying my best to get myself as ready as I can for this race! I'm really looking forward to it!

Tomorrow is my rest day and it's supposed to be gorgeous outside.  78 and sunny.  We will be sure to do lots of outdoors activities!

ps. I fixed all the broken picture links from previous posts.  Sorry about that....

 
What are your plans for Saturday?

 Do you run before or after work?


Don't forget to subscribe to Get Off Your Butt And Run to make sure you don't miss the newest posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment